Google’s Basic SEO Tips
Useful Tips for SEO by Maile Ohye, a developer advocate on Google's Webmaster Central Team
- 301 redirect to preferred domain (www version or not)
- Verify ownership of site in Webmaster Tools (set up e-mail forwarding for any issue reports)
- Background check domain name (site:domain.com)
- Fetch as Googlebot
- Include analytics code
Strategic site design
- Appeal to target audience
- Focused content
- User Experience
- Newsletter Signup
- Contact sales lead
- Buy product
- Share product
Keyword based copy
- Unique Topic
- Unique Title
- Unique meta description
- Non-dynamic sites; keywords in url, hyphen separated
- Descriptive anchor text (avoid "click here")
- Use social media to drive interest
Make a Facebook Landing Page
Jonathan Goldford of JG Visual takes you through the process of designing and programming a Facebook landing page.
Biggest Drawing in the World
I wasn't sure where the artist was going with this but I was dragged along by curiosity laced with a nice tune. The result would be outstanding - see for yourself.
It would be outstanding if it were actually true. The work was declared a hoax back in 2008 and the artist himself, 'fessed up. He was however, extremely creative.
Warning: This video is incredibly slooow. So slow in fact that I just couldn't stop watching it. By Tom Guilmette this was shot with a Phantom Flex high speed digital cinema camera at a whopping 2,564 frames per second.
How does Venice work exactly? This is a beautifully presented video that shows you why Venice is so enchanting taking you behind the scenes and giving you a history lesson well worth watching.